Saturday, December 31, 2011

A look back at 2011.

Happy New Year's Eve!!!  2011 was a challenging but rewarding year for us.  Looking forward to 2012!

I survived Snowpocolypse February 2011 in Chicago.  22" of snow and only ONE day of classes gets cancelled.  It was pretty amazing.  And I'm glad I listened to the locals when they told me to get to the store to stock up on food.



Tim and I had a fun Cinco de Mayo party in May (duh).  Friends, food, booze...my dad made the margaritas a little strong that evening but it was so much fun...


While I was home in Wichita visiting during that time, we decided to put the house on the market to get Tim and the dogs up to Chicago.  We put the sign in the yard the first week of May, had a buyer the last week of May, and closed on the house the last week of June.  We didn't know it would sell so quickly, but we couldn't have been any happier that it did.  We sure do miss our little Sleepy Hollow home...but we're happy to be in Chicago together!


In August we got settled into our new home in Forest Park, IL, about 7 miles west of the city.



Towards the end of August, my parents came to visit for a few days.  We had so much fun!




We spent the holiday in Palm Desert with my parents, my sister and her boyfriend, Tay.  We had a blast (stay tuned for a Holiday blog post)! 

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment