Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Favorites.

It's a cold, rainy day here in Chi-town.  Not cold enough to be snowy or icy...but much colder than the past 6 days we spent in Palm Desert, CA.  Cold and rain are definitely not some of my favorites, but these things just happen to be...

1.  LARABAR.  I had always seen these snack bars at the store, but it was one of my girlfriends that turned me on to these little gems of goodness.  A blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices make them super yummy and healthy.  They are gluten free and non-GMO.  Some are even dairy and soy free.  And zero preservatives - which is awesome.  My favorites include "Cashew Cookie" and "Chocolate Chip Brownie".

2.  Poo-Pourri.  Let's be honest.  Unless you are in the privacy of your own bathroom at home, pooing in public can be a little, well embarrassing to say the least.  Especially at work or school, where you cross paths with someone you know on your way out of the single-stall washroom.  But hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go.  Just spritz this little blend of essential oils in the bowl before you poo.  I must say, it really does a lovely job of covering up the, um, smell.  Let's face it.  Everyone's shit stinks.
Super easy to carry around in your purse!
3.  Chobani.  I have this Greek yogurt for breakfast almost every morning.  I seriously will wake up excited, knowing that I get to eat one of these little yogurt cups.  I go with the pineapple (as do most people as I discovered it was sold out when I went grocery shopping yesterday, so I settled with raspberry *sigh*).  I like it WAY better than the typical store bought yogurts, because Greek yogurts usually have less sugar and a lot more protein.  And they are more creamy and thick than regular yogurt.  It's like having dessert for breakfast.  And if you read my Wellness Wednesday post on probiotics yesterday, Chobani adds three different types of probiotics to their yogurt.  Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment