Sunday, January 1, 2012

Holiday 2011.

Tim and I have spent the past few Christmases out in Palm Desert, CA, visiting my parents and my sister, Gretchen.  We look forward to it every year...warm weather, fun dinners, lazy afternoons by the pool, etc... This year I was especially excited because my kid sis brought her boyfriend, Tay.  My parents had already met him, and well to be honest my sister has never really been THIS excited about a guy before...so when I found out they were dating I was really looking forward to meeting him.  Turns out, he's a really great guy and I told Gretchen she should probably keep this one around for awhile... =) 
Gretchen & Tay.
I think (oops, details...) they met at a law firm softball league game (Gretch works for the public defender's office in KC and he's a 3rd year law student at UMKC).  And yes he's bald (he and Tim bonded!) and his beard is copper (also strangely like my husband when he grows a beard) leading us to calling him "Ginge" on occasion.  Most importantly, my sister is happy and that makes me happy!  I don't want to jinx it, but I think I'll be seeing him again ;)

Gretchen and Tay flew in on the Wednesday before Christmas, while Tim and I flew in on Friday.  We spent the first afternoon by the pool and had dinner at home that evening, so we could get to know Tay a little better.
My beautiful momma.
My goofy dad.
Gretchen & Tay.
Mom & Gretchen.
Cheese!
Right after they bonked heads.  It was funny.
Christmas Eve morning we all got up for a work out and hit the Bump n' Grind trail.  It was tough going up, but we had fun running down.  Little did I know my legs would be sore for 5 days after...guess I need to train for it next time!
This pic makes me laugh.  I was being a goof ball but Tay & Gretch didn't get the memo.
Later that evening, we all got dressed up for dinner at La Spiga (my most favorite restaurant in Palm Desert) with friends.  The atmosphere was wonderful, the food was divine and the beverages were flowing!
 
Laura, Avery & Alicia.
The crew!
Gretchen and Tay had to head back to KC on Monday (bummer) so Tim and I had a few days with my parents.  One day we drove over to Temecula and we visited a few wineries.  The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time!
Our nice waitress.

As always, the trip went by too quickly.  I wish we could all get together more often...but I'm sure it will be x-mas 2012 before we know it!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment