Sunday, July 17, 2011

I love food. And Forest Park.

I just got done eating a super-delicious, summer meal.  I saw this recipe on a cool blog site that my wonderful girlfriend Molly turned me on to (WARNING - YOU WILL BE HUNGRY ALL OF THE TIME WHEN YOU LOOK AT THIS WEBSITE).  Caprese Quinoa.  Yum yum.  You can find the recipe here and make sure you surf around this site because it is wonderful!  Little mozzarella pearls, cute cherry tomatoes from the vine, delightful basil - chiffonade style - drizzled with olive oil, balsamic glaze and sprinkled with salt and pepper, all mixed in with super yummy and healthy quinoa...I'M IN HEAVEN!!!  The recipe says you can eat it hot or cold, but I chose to let it sit in the fridge overnight.  Please please please try this.  Your taste buds will thank me.  I don't know about you, but anything with fresh basil just screams summer to me.  And maybe since I'm falling in love with Chicago summers (upper 70s to 80s weather...) I just love love love summer!

Other exciting news...Tim and I signed a lease on our new place Saturday morning!  YAY!  This has taken a huge load of stress off our shoulders as we found the perfect, little condo in Forest Park.  The building was built in the 1920s, just like our old house in Wichita.  Same old, dark, beautiful woodwork, hardwood floors...happy face!  And most importantly...DOG FRIENDLY!  Two blocks away from a dog park!  Forest Park seems like the perfect compromise for what Tim and I both want/need for the next few years.  It's about half-way between my school and the city.  Our condo is super close to the blue and green lines (takes us right into the city or takes me right out to my school!) and just a few blocks away from Madison St., a super cool road with lots of fun pubs, shops and restaurants.  I like the word super!  Check out this site to see more! 

Once we get the keys (August 1st) and get all settled in, stay tuned for a blog post with pics of the new place.  WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great place for you!! Can't wait to see some pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete