Sunday, July 10, 2011

Where does the time go???

Hello, hello!  The past few weeks have been a whirlwind to say the least...

I flew into KC (after a FOUR hour delay I might add) on Friday, June 24th and my wonderful sis picked me up and we drove into Wichita that evening.  Tim, Gretchen, Molly and I enjoyed a yummy dinner at Newport Grille and then Tim and I were off to spend the last few nights in our first home together.  Saturday we packed up the rest of the house and on Sunday we packed everything up in the HUGE moving truck.  A big shout out to Jody, Chris, Jack and Charlie for helping us with that super fun endeavor!  Sunday evening, my wonderful parents hosted a little get-together at their home so we could have one last big hoorah with our favorite Wichita folks!  Monday morning we closed on the house, handed over the keys and hit the road.  It was a bittersweet day...Happy that we sold our home so Tim could join me in Chicago, sad to leave something so special to us both.  We left Wichita around 10:45 in the morning and we made it to Chicago around 11:45 that evening.  I honestly can't believe we made it.  I thought we were going to have to stop somewhere along the way and get a hotel, but I think we were both running on adrenaline or maybe just thinking about how much easier it would be to already be in town in the morning.  The next day we unloaded most of our things into a temporary storage unit and here we are today. 

We're still living in my apartment out in the suburbs, which my husband loves dearly (note sarcasm here), until the end of August.  We've been looking at a few new places to live and we're keeping our fingers crossed we can find something as wonderful as our old Wichita home.  The little dogs made the trip with us and unfortunately Deigo had to stay behind with family until we find our new home.  Well, I should say unfortunately for us, because from what we hear Mr. Deigo is being spoiled rotten by Tim's grandparents...so I'm sure he doesn't miss us one bit!

We are all adjusting wonderfully and I think it's safe to say we are extremely happy to be back together again!  We miss all of our Wichita friends and family and we're excited for anyone and everyone to come visit us.  And of course we'll make our Wichita visits too!

No comments:

Post a Comment