Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Favorites.

I hope this post makes sense...I'm in the middle of finals and my brain is about fried!  I really wanted to get a post in because I'll be traveling the next two weekends.  Here are this week's faves...

1.  Current favorite Pinterest recipeSuperfood Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette courtesy of a blog called Iowa Girl Eats.  Quinoa + black beans + corn + orange + cilantro + red onion + avocado + shrimp + an amazing lemon vinaigrette with garlic = pretty much all of my favorite things.  The recipe also calls for pomegranate, but I'm too lazy busy to prepare one and I'm too cheap to buy the already prepared version...however, this dish is not one to be missed!  You can find the recipe here!
2.  Favorite new ice cream that doesn't make my stomach hurt after I eat it.  It's called So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean.  It really is so delicious, and so creamy, and so does-not-taste-like-healthy-ice-cream.  Sugar + dairy = one unhappy tummy.  This is definitely a must try for anyone with a sweet tooth!  Oh, and they have multiple flavors like mint chip, cookies n' cream and german chocolate...
3.  Close friends who become first-time mommies.  One of my dearest friends became a mommy this week to a handsome little boy named Hudson.  I'm so happy for Erica and her hubby, Kyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment