Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Favorites.

Remember when I blogged about how happy I was the weather was warming up?  Well, I think it's warm enough now...the car said it was 104F driving home this afternoon!

This week's favorites...

1.  My slimmed-down sis.  You probably read about her on this week's Wellness Wednesday blog.  She's just such an inspiration and just down-right amazing!  Way to go, keep it up sis!
2.  Healthy meals.  This is always a weekly favorite for us.  We buy organic, grass-fed steak and season them up for the grill.  We also make a garlicky bell pepper topping for the steak that we learned about from our wonderful friend, Goran.  We grill the bell peppers with the steak and add freshly chopped garlic with some olive oil and it is delish!  We always do either a side salad or sauteed veggies...it's definitely my favorite meal of the week!
3.  Humor.  Aw, I love love love a good belly laugh.  Well, this had me literally crying.  I'm taking a botanical medicine class this summer and we've been doing group presentations the past few weeks.  A group this week did a presentation about fennel.  Fennel has carminative actions, meaning it expels gas from the stomach and intestines so as to relieve flatulence or abdominal pain and distention.  Well, someone did a bit of research about how fennel got it's name...this girl read this quote straight of the powerpoint slide without even cracking a smile.  I really think she just thought it looked important so she put it on her slide.  Maybe she has really good self control, or maybe she wasn't quite sure what the word "arsehole" means...

Keep in mind during these group presentations, not many people in class pay attention (they are usually on their computers or studying for another class) so I think I was the only one who laughed out loud and then realized the professor didn't find it amusing - or maybe she was in complete shock because anyone taking a class seriously probably wouldn't include such a quote in a presentation...but I think I sat in my seat shaking so hard because I was just dying to laugh out loud, with tears rolling down my face, trying not to draw any attention to myself.  Later that night, Tim and I laughed for a good hour after I showed him the slide.  I keep meaning to find the gal who said this and ask her where she found such a hilarious quote...and to see if she even knew what she had said!

No comments:

Post a Comment