Saturday, January 28, 2012

Friday Favorites.

Here are this week's favorites...a day late!

1.  Purple Moon.  Maybe I should start a "Cheap Wine-o-the-week" blog.  We love trying to find the cheapest bottle of wine possible that still tastes great of course.  It's the one thing Tim and I actually enjoy shopping for together!  I don't think many people can say they enjoy shopping with their spouse/significant other, so I'll mark that as a plus.  This Purple Moon wine we found at Trader Joe's is a 2009 Shiraz and it is the perfect school night wine for us (I've probably said that about other wines, but I guess this one takes the lead at this point!).  At $3.99 a bottle, this definitely fits into my poor-broke-medical-student budget.

2.  Dinner with friends.  Last night we went to a place called the Tilted Kilt to help my friend Holly celebrate her birthday.  This place is a sports bar complete with scantily dressed women, or as they call "attractive cast members"...either way we had a great time.  Somebody had the waitresses bring over a birthday shot for my friend called a "muff diver" - classy, I know - which consisted of a shot of liquor sitting in a martini class, covered with whip cream.  Needless to say, we all had a good laugh!
This is an example of what the "attractive cast members" were wearing...

No comments:

Post a Comment