Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend 2010

Just got back to Chicago after a nice weekend back home in Wichita.  I flew in Wednesday night and had dinner at my favorite bar in Ta town, the good ol' Anchor.  Thursday was filled with lots of family time (Tim's side as mine is in California for the cold months!) and lots of yummy food!  We had lunch with Jody's family and then dinner with Jack and Lisa (and Jill and Ginger of course).  I was especially excited that my buddy Molly got to stop by for a glass of wine that night too!  Friday I had lunch with a wonderful friend and former co-worker, Michelle, at the lovely Bella Luna (hooray for delicious falafel and hummus)!  Saturday we spent the afternoon at Prairie Pines with Brian, Abby, Jody and the kiddos picking out a Christmas tree for Jody's house.  That evening we had a wonderful dinner with the Velickovskis and topped the night off with KU basketball, brownies and Braum's peppermint ice cream at Jody's house.  A lot of errands, walks with the dogs and good conversation in between with my hubby was also a nice little perk to a busy and fun long weekend.

It was definitely harder to come back to Chicago this time, I think because after being home for that long just made the homesick feelings come back a bit when it was time to return north.  But the good news is I have two and a half weeks of school left and then I'll be back in Wichita for three weeks, minus a trip out to California for Christmas with my parents and Gretchen.  The next few weeks of school are going to be tough with finals, but if I can stay focused and finish strong I'll get a nice little reward at the end...GOING HOME!!!  Which is probably the next time you'll hear from me as far as blogging goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment