Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Favorites.

Back from my blogging hiatus.  I survived finals and I'm so excited to have a few weeks off from class!

1.  Elmhurst Olive Oil Company.  I had some free Living Social (think Groupon if you're not familiar with it) bucks a few months ago that I had to spend before they expired.  I came across a deal for this place and thought I'd check it out since it's just down the street from my hair salon in Elmhurst.  At my first visit I picked up a bottle of lemon-infused olive oil and a bottle of chipotle sea salt.  However, I had to go back after one of my girlfriends introduced me to their strawberry balsamic vinegar...mixed with the lemon olive oil it makes the most delicious salad dressing!  Especially if that salad has goat cheese...
2.  The Hunger Games.  A few weeks ago when Molly was in town we saw the movie and instantly I knew I'd be reading the books over my break.  I checked out our library to see if the trilogy was available, but of course there were multiple holds on the books.  I found a good deal on Amazon and before I knew it I had them in my hot little hands.  I just finished the final book about an hour ago - it only took me 3 days (Tim wants to know how I read so fast)...  Such a great story and I can't wait for the other movies to come out...of course I'll be waiting a few years, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
3.  Knot ring.  The lovely Mr. Marvin surprised me with this a few weeks ago.  With a kind hint from a girlfriend who saw I had pinned it to my Pinterest page, he so kindly gifted it to me.  Such a thoughtful guy he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment