Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorites.

Favorites this week...

1.  The Dreaming Tree wines.  Wine is one of my favorites in general, but this wine is special.  Tim somehow came across this wine...it appeals to us because it's reasonably priced (I found it at Target for $12.99 a bottle) and it's ready to drink.  No cellar time needed!  The cherry-on-top. . . Dave Matthews (love his music!) partnered with an experienced wine maker to come up with these tasty treats.  We've only tried the 'Crush' (which is a red blend) as Dave describes "...like blackberry cobbler...", but they also have a chardonnay and a cab.  Check out the website and watch the fun videos to learn more...then do yourself a favor and go buy some.
2.  Science Friday.  I usually have my local NPR station on the radio in my car and I LOVE when I can catch 'Science Friday'.  Host Ira Flatow has a way of keeping things interesting, even if initially it seems boring.  If I really get into the story, I hop on the website when I get home because they have cool videos that correspond to the fun topics.  Today they did a story about some of the world's fastest creatures...cheetahs were not discussed!  Check out the video here regarding this story, it's pretty interesting!

3.  Snow day!  I'm not saying snow is one of my favorites...but getting the afternoon off is a wonderful way to start the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment